Snowshoe Mountain Resort to host $250,000 Snowshoe Foundation Raffle
Snowshoe Mountain Resort is pleased to announce it will host The Snowshoe Foundation $250,000 Raffle, August 7, at the Pocahontas County resort. The Snowshoe Foundation is a non-profit venture whose mission is to seek to enhance the quality of life through assisting local organizations and/or individuals in areas of health, human services, education, recreation, the arts, culture and the environment, with an emphasis on children, youth and family programs.
Having awarded more than $315,000 in the last five years, the raffle will be the Snowshoe Foundationﾒs largest fundraising effort to date. This year, two early bird drawings have been added. Five winners of $500 each will be drawn on April 1 and again on June 1, at Snowshoe Mountain. For just $100, the public may purchase tickets in hopes of winning a variety of big-ticket prizes. A 2010 Shelby Mustang, 2010 Dodge Challenger, new Chevrolet Extended Cab pick-up, Suzuki King Quad Four-Wheeler, Kawasaki Mules, Harley-Davidson Motorcycle and $50,000 cash are among the spoils up for grabs. Tickets are available online at snowshoefoundation.com, by calling 304-572-8500 or on-site at The Depot, located in The Village at Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Tickets will be sold online through August 5. If available, tickets may be purchased on the day of the event at the Main Gate event entrance atop Snowshoe Mountain. Ticket holders do not need to be present the day of the event to win.
A complete prize list, including times of drawings is available at snowshoefoundation.com. The raffle drawing is scheduled from 3 -7 p.m. on Saturday, August 7, with prize drawings occurring every five minutes. Guests are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and/or blankets for Skidder Slope seating. For more information visit snowshoefoundation.com or call Snowshoe Foundation Director Coby Brown at 304-572-5475. Any tickets purchased online after July 30 will not be mailed to the buyer. Tickets will be held on-site at Snowshoe Mountain and may be picked up on August 7 at the Skidder Slope event entrance. Ticket holders are not required to be present at the time of the drawing.
Tickets are available online at www.snowshoefoundation.com or in Pocahontas County from:
- Cass Christmas for Children, contact Susan Sharp
- Mitchell Chevrolet, contact Sam Mitchell
- Shaverﾒs Fork Fire and Rescue, contact Shannon Beohmer
- PCHS Volleyball, contact Melvin Lindsey
- Pocahontas County Opera House, contact Doug Bernier
- Humane Society of Pocahontas County, contact Erin Baldwin
- West Virginia Challenged Outdoor Program, contact Larry Holson or Randy Wilfong
- Snowshoe Ski Team, contact Ann Holder
- Pearl S. Buck Birthplace Foundation, contact Tim VanReenen
- Pocahontas Woods, contact Sherry Radcliff
- Girl Scout Troop #8156, contact Angela Layne
- Snowshoe Home Owners Service, contact Stephanie Dilley
- Snowshoe Mountain Front Desks and Depot
- Challenged Athletes of West Virginia, contact Dave Begg
- Linwood Community Library, contact Cathy Henley
- Pocahontas Senior Citizens, contact Vida Gum or Sally Lovelace
- Remax/Snowshoe Properties Management, contact Reception or Ken Santmyer
- PCHS Softball, contact Ginny Ramos
- Costa Rica 2012, contact Shirlene Groseclose
- Glades Building Supply, contact Randy Sharp
- Summit Home Owners Association, contact Jim Pingley
- Durbin Lions Club, contact Kathy Reese.